Is past trauma holding you back? Do you feel alone in your experience?How do I know if I’ve been impacted by trauma?
Psychological trauma causes us to feel highly overwhelmed and helpless. Some traumatic events are one time occurrences, such as surviving an accident or sexual assault, while others are repeated over time, such as childhood abuse and neglect or intimate partner violence. Sometimes, trauma resolves itself. Other times, it stays with us- preventing us from leading the lives that we desire. Not all trauma results in PTSD. Some common symptoms of trauma include:
- Loss of faith or meaning in life
- Difficulty with close relationships
- Feelings of guilt, shame, and self-blame
- Disturbances in memory or concentration
- Intense feelings of sadness, anxiety, or anger
- Problems with eating, sleeping, or substances
Transcending Trauma is a confidential group designed to support women’s healing from trauma. The structure of the group allows for acquiring new skills and simply being in a calm space. Ultimately, you will decide what is right to you. The group will cover new material each week, designed to assist members with:
- Learning to identify the symptoms of trauma and PTSD
- Practicing effective grounding or centering techniques
- Relating with others who have had similar experiences
- Discovering and using your best coping strategies
- Using self-compassion to support your healing process
- Understanding the link between trauma and substance use
It’s natural to have questions or concerns prior to deciding to attend a group. We want to you to feel confident in your choice. That’s why our intake coordinator is available to assist you in deciding if this group is right for you. Contact us today to speak further.